Pasadena, California: #Occupy Wall Street protesters demonstrated at the end of the 123rd annual Rose Parade. Up to 5,000 marched, according to participant Cindy Sheehan. January 2, 2012
- 5:05am: If you know someone who was arrested, call the NLG at (212) 679-6018. Full name and birthdate are helpful. Happy new year!
- 4:05am: 30+ arrests throughout the night. Some still rallying at 13th st and 2nd ave.
- 3:28am: Arrested livestreamers & tweeters active inside NYPD paddy wagon before NYPD turned off lights in van.
- 3:12am: NYPD ejected Nat’l Lawyers Guild observer. Observer left and made phone call. NYPD demanded NLG observer put down phone, then arrested the observer.
- 3:10am: NYPD physically threw livestreamers out of the group before making indiscriminate arrests of random pedestrians.
- 3:07am: NYPD blockaded sidewalk, forced march to stop, threatened to arrest marchers for blocking the sidewalk. Mass arrest now brutalizing peaceful demonstrators.
- 2:30am: Dozens of arrests made at 13th & 5th ave. Some still marching down 6th Ave. Targeting journalists, photographers, livestreamers with violence. Liberty Square mostly dispersed, crowds gone out to celebrate and prepare for the New Year.
- 2:20am: Police block off street, mass violent arrests happening!
- 2:10am: Mass of police vehicles rush north on Church Street, sirens and lights blaring, presumably after march up 7th Ave to Union Square.
- 2:00am: Police using horses to clear sidewalks, attacking peaceful protesters in the street. Hundreds of police vehicles. Arrests also reported at march in Soho.
- 1:30am: NYPD orders dispersal, arrests begin. Police clearing “Liberty Mountain.” Some Occupiers marching to 7th Precinct to support arrested protesters.
- 1:20am: Pounding batons, hundreds of police combing area asking for “official press passes.” Arrests anticipated.
- 1:05am: March at Fulton and Nassau, police still following. Reports police attempting to kettle protesters on sidewalks. A few more arrests reported. Others headed back to defend Liberty Square, where riot police continue to mass and threaten Occupiers.
- 12:45am: Thousands still in Square, as march leaves Liberty. Headed down Broadway, police moving in pursuit.
- 12:40am: Party continues at Liberty. Cops backing down for now. Barricades are twinkling after Occupiers hung lights across piled barricades.
- 12:00am: Happy New Year from OCCUPIED Liberty Square! Thousands already here. JOIN US!
Port of Oakland - Nov. 2 - General Strike
The trucks are going nowhere! Sorry to the truckers being affected by this. I think you deserve to take the rest of the day off!